Everyone’s path is different but here are the stepping stones that could lead you to a meaningful relationship as part of the Church of the Heavenly Rest community:
- Worship is the glue that binds us together. Private meditation and prayer are important too, but collective worship makes us part of a transcendent entity, elevating each individual’s spiritual experience.
- But please don’t stay anonymous. While you’re at a service, fill out a welcome card (found in the pews) and drop it in the collection plate so that a clergy member can contact you and help you discern what we can offer you. Alternatively, you can fill out our online welcome card to get on our radar.
- Join us at a newcomer’s reception at the Rectory, where you can meet clergy, various parishioners, and other new members and learn more about Church of the Heavenly Rest and its programs.
- Get on our email list to stay abreast of parish news and events.
- Deepen your personal spiritual formation by joining one of our study groups.
- Take a leading role in our worship services, either as a musician or as a lay participant.
- Give back to the community by volunteering, either on church committees or in CHR-sponsored community service.
- Involve your children in one of our many thriving programs for children.
- Find friends among our parishioners at various social gatherings.
- Support the common mission by making a donation.
Only you can discern which of these elements will be most important in your own faith journey. A new life awaits you.